Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May 1, 2017: Mrs. Janes Returns-Mt. Etjo Students Say Hello to Garden 504 Students!


Hello Class: Mrs. Janes has returned from Africa! I enjoyed meeting with you yesterday to share the Mt. Etjo Private School "Hello" greeting. I think you could tell by their enthusiastic response they enjoyed  the experience as much as you did! You asked some great questions about their culture and school environment. Both schools had an opportunity to reach out to other students in another country, thus creating a deepening understanding of the global world and bringing each closer to the other.  I believe this experience widened the knowledge and view of the world from both sides of students! Also, by traveling with me you were able to gain a lived-in experience and have hopefully increased your awareness of Africa, its beauty and rich environment as much as I have.

I was so amazed by your enthusiasm for this adventure and the amount you have learned in the process! When I asked you what you have learned, you quickly responded back with knowledge and appreciation for all aspects of the experience. I was in awe of your news casting abilities! What a great idea. Loved the moving table, because it gave a feel for actually being part of the experience
(especially the breaking news!). Your green screen approach was so innovative. I think I see future newscasters among your class!

Kudos (or should I say Kudus?) to Mr. DeCoito for his eagerness and excitement in taking this project on!

I was able to insert only one of the other videos into the blog- the Cheetah Feed. I believe the others were too large. I will email them to Mr. DeCoito. So be sure to look for them.

Thank you for coming along with me. I wish you the best of success in your future learning.

Mrs. Janes' Last Safari Tip:  Always be open to new experiences, you never know where they will take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 1, 2017: Mrs. Janes Returns-Mt. Etjo Students Say Hello to Garden 504 Students!

Hello Class: Mrs. Janes has returned from Africa! I enjoyed meeting with you yesterday to share the Mt. Etjo Private School "Hello&...